Archive for March, 2006
First, here’s how we did it:
1. Sterilize some bottles. We boiled 5 Starbucks bottles (and their caps) for about 10 minutes.
2. Brew 12 oz. of vanilla flavored coffee.
In a pot, mix coffee with 6 cups of whole milk, 1 cup of sugar, and a
little less than 1 tsp of powdered cocoa mix (might work fine with
Hershey syrup, but we used Nestle’s Carlos V mix).
4. Stir it up and ladle it into the bottles. Done in less than 20 minutes!
completely filled 5 bottles and would have mostly filled a 6th if we’d
had that many. It tastes really good! Not exactly like a frap, but it’s
our first batch, and it’s got its own personality.
cost: A regular 4-pack of fraps at the grocery store costs $5, or
$1.25/bottle. A single bottle at a gas station is around $1.79.
Our total cost for all 5 bottles was $1.85. That’s $0.37/bottle. Unbelievable. It tastes even better when you know that!
I was mixing it, I was amazed at how much milk there was. When you buy
a frappuccino, you’re basically buying a bottle of milk with tiny
amounts of other flavorings in it.
The next time we try this,
we’ll cut back on the sugar a little (maybe 3/4 cup) and make the
coffee a little stronger. Now that we know how easy, fun, and cheap it is, I’m sure we’ll make more batches of Kurfee in the future, dadgummit.
According to Urban Legends a spokesman for Mr. Schultz denies this came from him, but I still like it and want to pass it on!
CHARLES SCHULTZ PHILOSOPHY
You don’t actually have to take the quiz. Just read this straight through
and you’ll get the point. It is trying to make an awesome point!
Here’s the first quiz:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for
best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
facts are, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are
no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the
applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades
and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones
with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are
the ones that care.
“Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today …… It’s already tomorrow in Australia.”
—– Charles Schultz—–
Randy Quaid is just pitiful.
This is pathetic.
I am almost speechless.
It speaks for itself.
No more Randy Quaid movies for me, ever.
Oh OH he WAS nominated for an Oscar 33 years ago.
What has been doing since then? National Lampoon.
Get a life. If you are going to be greedy, atleast give the money to a charity like PedsCare.
Ever notice TVs are on EVERYWHERE?
This keychain device will turn off any TV.
Whether it is the kids watching something they shouldnt. A busy airport with far too many TVs on. Or you just want to start a Sports Bar fight during March Madness it will turn off multiple TVs all at one in range.
PS My birthday is coming up. It is this or the Dell 30 inch LCD.
Ever want to keep the guy on the plane in front of you from reclining his seat?
My wife got me one of these ‘kitchen’ product for our 9th anniversary. I didnt know the theme of 9th was lame. I opened it and honestly had a “WTF” moment.
Anyway, it has graduated to the neckband that holds my mini USB thumb drive. This thing is awesome. It is like ginsu wonder, cuts through all type of stuff. It is awesome for the bajillion magazines I get, I can cut right out the articles I want and throw away the rest. For CD cases. For trimming down a USPS postage print out to tape on a box. You name it. Best $2.95 you ever spent. Plus when will you ever again be able to be a Pampered Chef Owner for a mere $2.95?
Enjoy, you heard it here first.
Technorati Tags: gtd